It is surely the power of motivation through words and visualization that makes all the impact.
I would like to talk about one of the latest reads, ‘Visualfestation’ by Peter Adams. In this book he talks about the power of visualization in enabling the results to manifest in your life. As a therapists we do follow and understand making use of ‘Creative Visualisation’ or dreaming big and clear and writing down goals in a crystal clear manner.
In this book, through his personal experiences, author Peter Adams talks about how one can have whatever one wants if and only if one has the belief about having it. Peter talks about how doubts can become obstacles to the process of achieving goals. e shares experiences of being able to buy his dream car, by clearly imagining the car model, its colour and every single detail of the car. He also put in his name for the ironman triathlon Hawaii race of 2005. He was so sure there were many capable candidates and so he had to do something different than the others. So for him it was the power of visualization that enabled him to achieve his goals.
He was able to create extremely lucid visualizations by using various techniques. Few lessons learnt from this book:
1. Have CRYSTAL CLEAR DREAMS
2. Have FIRM BELIEF
3. WRITE and REVIEW your GOALS DAILY (for words have power)
4. REWRITE, READ your goals EVERY MORNING
5. Write GOALS in PRESENT TENSE
6. Gather all the INFORMATION you can
7. Take COMMITTED ACTION
8. Train your MIND TO IMAGINE YOUR ACHIEVEMENT
9. Live the FEELING OF ACHIEVEMENT of your goals
10. Strengthen your STRENGTHS
11. Have PASSION and burning desire to work on it
12. Don’t give into LIMITING BELIEFS from external sources
13. You are the COCREATOR of UNIVERSE OF INFINITE POSSIBILITIES
14. Believe that WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS (The MORE YOU HAVE, the MORE THERE IS)
15. THINK what you want to MANIFEST
16. EXPECTATIONS attract CIRCUMSTANCES
17. Bask in the feeling of GRATITUDE for gratitude multiplies positives
18. Have VISION BOOKS and BOARDS
19. Work on SCRIPTING/JOURNALING when unable to visualize (I’m so happy about _______)
20. Use AFFIRMATIONS to train the subconscious mind
I strongly recommend this book for all those who wonder how creative visualization can help an individual to work past one’s self imposed limitations.